- 1 Rhyker2U Quick Benchmark Baseline
- 2 Benchmark Test Results
Don't have a lot of time right now to run full blown optimized benchmarks tests. However, as I'm writing this blogpost -- not from within my WordPress Backend, but through something else (which I'm pulling together for 'TCGS') -- I decided to blog about something useful, which is: the importance of having a caching plugin.
Rhyker2U Quick Benchmark Baseline
Before I give you the benchmark results let's establish a baseline what I'm testing on.
Relevant WordPress Specifications
- Site: rhyker2u.com (you're on it right now)
- WordPress version: v4.8.3
- Theme: WooThemes Canvas
- Number of plugins installed during benchmarking: 107-110
*) yes that might seem like a lot, but Rhyker2U -- next to my personal blog -- is a testing / development CMS for other projects. Usually I run an average of ~ 150 plugins per site. Especially when you add ecommerce and/or membership plugins (which I haven't ... yet).
There are a couple of tools to run benchmarks. However in these quick tests I only use my personal favorite: Pingdom's Free Toolsuite (no account creation necessary).
- Benchmark link: https://tools.pingdom.com
- Testing location: Stockholm Sweden
Benchmark Test Results
And here are my quick test results ...
Only WP Jetpack (+ Photo CDN)
Plugin link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/jetpack/
Horrible results, and regretfully? This is typical for most websites. The only reason it still is faster than 11% of other tested websites, is due to running a heavily optimized server. Visit My Projects Roadmap to see what I mean.
WP Fastest Cache (Free) + JetPack Photo CDN
Additional Plugin Link: https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-fastest-cache/
Better already. Time to do some further and proper tweaking.
... much better already! Strangely enough the page size increased.
+ Content Tweaks
Better loading times, but worses Performance grade. Let's switch from caching solution.
W3TC + CloudFlare + Photon CDN Benchmarks
Ah, now we are getting somewhere! This type of configuration and finetuning ain't for the faint hearted though (i.e. Redis Object caching, HTTP/2, nginx.conf parameters). Hence why I offer this service at ComputerNerdinside.com ... which is by no means to use this blogpost from a commercial view point.
But ... this is 'all so yesterday' already as I don't like the Canvas WP theme either. Thus moving onto a new theme to experiment with Update 08-NOV-2017: Unlocked some features in my Canvas (provided by WooThemes) WP theme I wasn't aware about existed. Thus keeping it around for a bit longer. To continue ...
- F*CK !!! public_html/megla.txt – “hacked by megla akash from Team_CC” – TROUBLESHOOT - Saturday March 17th, 2018
- [NL] 7 redenen waarom ‘Bitcoin Mining’ via je Chrome Browser totaal kansloos is … - Friday March 16th, 2018
- My Virtual Office Space: *FEAST* Mode 2018 Update with Enterprise Graded Gear - Thursday March 1st, 2018
- My Projects Progress (ToDo List and Changelog): January 2018 - Tuesday January 2nd, 2018
- How to Prime Your Brain for Success While Washing Your Teeth - Saturday December 23rd, 2017
- John McAfee LIVE & Uncensored! Talking about lifehacking and CryptoCurrency (including Top 3 Privacy Coins for 2018) - Tuesday December 19th, 2017
- [NL] CryptoCurrency Uitdager Gezocht - Sunday December 17th, 2017
- [NL] Ben je ook failliet door een Bitcoin Opportunity Scam ? - Tuesday December 5th, 2017
- Rhyker’s Quick Benchmark Test Results of FREE WordPress Caching Plugins - Thursday November 2nd, 2017
- MoneyMakerGroup.com and TalkGold.com offline / got hacked, and not coming back ? - Tuesday September 19th, 2017
- Webmaster @ BestStiforpTeam.com
- Supporter @ AFP forum
Communities I have been 'hanging out' regularly over the past two decades.
- forum.VestaCP.com since 2016
- WordPress.org since 2015-12
- Warrior Forum since 2013-07
- forum.OSXLatitude.com since 2011-08
- Envato (i.e. CodeCanyon) since 2011-08
- TripAdvisor since 2010-09
- HardWare.info since 2003-08
- SynthForum.NL since 2001-11
- gathering.tweakers.net since 2000-11
picture coming soon!
Note: links go to my profile on those respective sites. Connect with me if you like.