One year ago I published the "Useful Google Chrome Extensions"-list. Back then Chrome was 'just' a browser. Not the all-in-one cloud environment it has turned in these days!
I figured it's about time I publish a new list of all the Chrome Extensions I've installed ... and it's subset. "Why a subset?" The biggest reason is because the extensions are very memory hungry, and I don't need all of them activated anyway. Moreover it will clutter your interface.
At the moment I've enabled this subset:
- AdBlock | blocks banners and other 'crap'
- Downloads | access the downloads window from the toolbar
- Enhancements for Gmail | cleans up the gMail UI
- Google Calendar Checker
- Goo.gl | URL shortener
- Search Preview | adds preview thumbnails in Google.com search engine
- Tab Menu
- UnOfficial Google Tasks
- Waste Your Time | measuring how much time you spend at sites; productivity tool
The the rest of the 'set' (which I enable when I need them):
- AdBlock Plus Beta | alternative to "AdBlock"
- Better History | better browsing history
- Blogger Dynamic Views
- Blog This | write blog articles fast
- Clear History
- Eye Dropper | webpage color picker
- Fastest Chrome | productivy enhancer
- FireBug Lite for Chrome
- Google Translate
- gPDF | open online PDF, DOC, DOCX, XLS, XLSX, PPT, RTF, ODT, ODS, ODP, CSV, etc. files using Google Docs and Zoho.
- Pendule | Webdeveloper Tools
- RSS Subscription Extension
- Screenshot | Webpage Screenshot taker
- SilverBird | propper Twitter client
- Skype Links
- Stay Focusd | increases your productivity by limiting the amount of time that you can spend on time-wasting websites
- Window Resizer
- WooRank | SEO and Website analysis
- Yslow | Yahoo page rank benchmark